About GEL 2.2 million was allocated in 2017-2019 to finance student projects;
Over 350 student events are held annually, including:
TSU Graduation 2019 – 3000 students graduated from TSU in 2019; a total of 6000 guests attended the event.
TSU Welcome Party 2019 – Along with Georgian musicians, Kenny Larkin, an American techno producer from Detroit, also performed at the event held for students; over 8000 students attended the event.
TSU New Year Party 2020 – Terrence Parker, a house deejay and music producer from Detroit, as well as DJ Aleksandir Lawrence, performed for TSU students.
- Alpinism, basketball, handball, futsal, volleyball, weight lifting, arm wrestling, table tennis, archery and other sports clubs are currently all operating at TSU. Over 70 tournaments are held annually in nineteen different sports.
- In 2019, the TSU basketball team won the Dudu Dadiani Memorial Cup. The team completed Super League with 8 victories and 2 defeats and met the New Year with the first place.
- TSU Hyundai, the basketball team of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, marked TSU’s 101st anniversary with winning the Zurab Sakandelidze and Mikheil Korkia memorial tournament.
- The TSU Futsal Team became the winner of the Futsal League in 2018-2019 and TSU2 is the winner of League 2. Over the past years, the team has been successfully participating in the European Universiade; in 2017 the team participated in the final and in 2018 it competed in the semi-final, showing the best results in Georgian student team sport.
- *For cultural pursuits, there is the student theatre group Skhveni; music group Sun of Suns, TSU Choir, TSU Gordela, the University men’s vocal group, the University Georgian folk dance ensemble, the TSU Modern dance club and the Club of Funny and Inventive People are all presently operating at TSU.
- TSU Choir has been awarded Grand Prix at the 8th international music and dance festival Music & Sea in Greece.
- TSU folk dance ensemble “University” became the winner of the 2018 International Festival in Dubai.
- In 2019, TSU Gordela toured Kennedy Center, Carnegie Hall and other places.
- * Student literary competition “Autumn Legend” – a competition for young writers; partner – the company Silknet;
- “Mission” student competition in marketing and PR – a new partner Georgian brand each year; latest partners – AS Georgia Dirsi; IDS – Borjomi – Georgia; Geoplant (Gurieli); Natakhtari; Sante GM Products; TBC Bank.
- UNIkadri - a photography competition to reveal the best photo depicting the university building, learning processes and student life;
- Planet Read More - a student competition for those contestants who love literature; partner – publishing house Books in Batumi.