A non-commercial legal entity - The Institute of Tourism Development of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is an additional educational unit of the Tbilisi State University.
Mission of the Institute of Tourism Development is:
• Becoming a centre of education, knowledge exchange and co-operation in the field of tourism;
• To be a connecting link between tourism researchers (scientist) and tourism industry;
• To grow in a source of tourism challenges and achievements in Georgia.
Goals of the Institute of Tourism Development are:
• Teaching academic and retraining programs;
• To conduct researches in academic and applied tourisms together with academic personal, staff and students;
• To teach tourism industry to Georgian and foreign students;
• Assisting public and private sectors in creation of tourism policy. This is important for tourism planning and development in Georgia;
• To do researches in the field of tourism, organize and run special courses, seminars, conferences, forums and other events by order of third party;
• Destination of the institute is to teach a multi-disciplinary tourism in accordance with international standards and to carry out researches in Georgian tourism;
• The institute manages MSc and PhD programs with its Georgian and foreign partners.
International School of Tourism (IST)
• IST is an educational structural unit of the Institute of Tourism Development;
• IST manages “Tourism” BBA program;
• The aim of IST is to ensure teaching presses and required conditions to conduct BBA program in tourism.
Scientific-Research Center (SRC)
• SRC is an educational structural unit of the Institute of Tourism Development;
• The goal of SRC is to conduct up-to-date researches in the field of tourism and to spread gained knowledge by publications, public seminars, workshops and forums;
• The aim of SRC is to do researches in academic and applied tourisms together with academic personal, staff and students in subjects like: Economical impact of tourism; Branding and marketing of tourism destination; Defining trends of tourism operation, customer service and client needs.
Center for Vocational and Advanced Training (CVAT)
• CVAT is an educational structural unit of the Institute of Tourism Development;
• The goal of CVAT is organizing and teaching short term programs according to the Institute terms;
• The aim of CVAT is to retrain well-qualified and skilled personnel, so essential for national tourism industry;
• CVAT conducts retraining for interested persons in professional, training and certificate programs in the field of tourism.