Project Number: 544125-TEMPUS-1-2013-1 AM-TEMPUS-SMGR
Coordinator: Yerevan State University, Armenia
Duration: 36 months; 2013-2016
EU grant: EUR 1 004 209,46
Project partners: Katholieke Hogeschool Leuven (Leuven University College, Belgium), Centro Studi ed Iniziative Europeo (Italy), World University Service (WUS, Austria), Roehampton University (UK), University of Genoa (Italy), Yerevan State Academy of Fine Arts (Armenia), Gavar State University (Armenia), State Engineering University of Armenia (Armenia), National Center for Professional Education Quality Assurance (Armenia), Ministry of Education and Science (Armenia), Ilia State University (Georgia), Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (Georgia), Shota Meskhia State Teaching University of Zugdidi (Georgia), Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University (Georgia), Ministry of Еducation in Georgia, Yuriy Fedkovich Chernivtsi National University (Ukraine), Odessa National Polytechnic University (Ukraine), National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine (Ukraine), Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (Ukraine), Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Belorussia State University, Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno (Belarus), Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronic (Belarus), Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus
Project PICASA will promote recognition of Eastern Neighboring Area HE systems- Armenian, Georgia, Belarus and Ukraine - through development and integration of internationalization dimensions into structural and cultural components of HEIs management.
- Integration of international dimension into the teaching, learning and research functions of universities through developing and implementing respective policies and procedures;
- Development of internationalization elements for operationalization of curricula, scholar and student exchange and technical cooperation of the universities;
- Identification and development of new skills, attitudes and knowledge in students, faculty and staff to promote internationalization;
- Development of ethos and culture that values and supports intercultural and international perspectives, initiatives and their quality assurance (MINT approach).
The principle outcomes and outputs:
- Trained staff and revised functions of IROs that become building blocks of the ethos and culture supporting international perspectives
- HEI-wide policies and procedures for internalization
- Software for the database necessary for internationalization
- Academic programmes with internationalization dimensions
- Approaches to research internationalization: scholarly collaboration, study abroad, student and staff mobility
- New approaches to curricula internationalization
- Quality assurance of internationalization (the MINT approach)
- Internationalization policy document renewal
Department of Foreign Relations is the institutional coordinator and the main implementer of the project at TSU.
For more information, please contact project staff:
Tea Gergedava: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ekaterine Basilaia: email@example.com