Department of Internal Medicine, Head of the Department
Address: Acad. G. Chapidze Emergency Cardiology Nation Center; N. Javakhishvili st. 1
- 1968-1974 Tbilisi Medical University
- 1978 - 1980 Clinical resident. Bakulev Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery
- 1980 - 1983 Postgraduate student. Bakulev Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery
- 1984 - 1991 Department Assistant. Tbilisi Medical Institute N 1 Department of Internal Diseases
- 1985-1989 PhD student. Bakulev Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery
- 1991 Doctor of Medicine
- 1991 - 1995 Professor of the Department. Tbilisi Medical Institute N 1 Department of Internal Diseases
- 1995 - 1997 Iv. Javakhishvili Head of the Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Tbilisi State University.
- From 1997 to present Acad. G. Chapidze Emergency Cardiology Center. Head of the Department of Interventional Medicine
- From 2012 to present Iv. Javakhishvili Full Professor of the Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Tbilisi State University.
- 1998 - 2005 - Multiple trainings at the Bad Krozingen Heart Center (Germany).
- Member of the Georgian Academy of Medical Sciences
Scientific and other awards:
- 2005 - Laureate of the State Prize - "Introduction of high-tech invasive and interventional methods of diagnosis and treatment of ischemic heart disease in Georgia."
- The first polyprojection coronarography in Georgia (1977)
- The first coronary stenting in Georgia (1998)
Author of more than 70 scientific articles.
- M. Gegenava, T. Gegenava, A. Aladashvili, Z. Kereselidze Role of early assesmant of NT-proBNP in pts with acute coronary syndrome Journal of Medical Research 3 (1): 27-29 2017
- M. Gegenava, T. Gegenava, A. Aladashvili Early identification of complication based on measurement of NT-proBNP in pts with STEMI and NSTEMI J.Clin Exp. Cardiology 7.7 (suppl) 2016
- Guideline reviewer 2016 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acite and chronic heart failure. Europ. Heart J. V.37 Iss.27. p. 2129. 2016
- Guideline reviewer 2017 ESC Guidelines for the management of acute infarction in pts presenting with ST-segment. Europ. Heart J. V.39 Iss.2. p. 119. 2018
- Guideline reviewer 2018 ESC / EACTS Guidelines on Myocardial Revascularization. Europ. Heart J. V.40 Iss.2. p. 87. 2019
- Guideline reviewer 2020 ESC Guidelines for the management of acute infarction in pts presenting without persistent ST-segment elevation. Europ Heart J. ehha575. 2020